Vaguely interesting/notable things about Ole Miss
1. It held the first Presidential debate of the 2008 election between Obama and McCain.
2. Shit kind of hit the fan here when the first African-American student, James Meredith, attempted to enrol.
3. Bob Dylan then wrote a song about James Meredith called ‘Oxford Town.’ He opened with this song during his concert at the Ole Miss theatre.
4. ‘The Blind Side’ with Sandra Bullock is all about Ole Miss and the former Ole Miss Rebels football player; Michael Oher.
5. Football = life and death here. We have the best tailgating anywhere in the country. Period.
6. Everyone here is artsy fartsy. Plenty of famous writers went here and still live/teach here, with the best known ones being William Faulkner and John Grisham.
7. Ole miss is ranked as the 5th best party school in the country by the Princeton Review; last year it had been number 2.
8. It’s known as the ‘Harvard of the South’ because it’s old and full of rich people.
9. It holds the world’s largest blues archive.
10. It’s ranked as one of the top 10 ‘Coolest College Towns’ in America according to the Travel and Leisure magazine.